Zimmerman Consulting LLC.
SUCCESSFUL SOLUTIONS FOR VENUES, EVENTS & PEOPLE
Metrics and Analytics
Audience and Research
ZC is owned and operated by MZ. Mark Zimmerman served as the General Manager of the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, Georgia, responsible for managing the fourth largest convention center in the United States.
He is also responsible for more than 400 employees. Under his leadership, the Center has hosted many of the Top 200 Trade Shows in the country, as well as the 1988 Democratic National Convention, 1994 and 2000 Super Bowls, and several NCAA Final Four Basketball Championship events.
Mark rose through the facility’s ranks starting out as a Concessions Supervisor and later serving as Director of Event Services until leaving the Congress Center in 1992 to open the Cobb Galleria Center. A 300,000 square foot convention facility in Cobb County, Georgia, Mark became the Galleria’s first Assistant General Manager.
From there, he returned to the Congress Center in 1995 and assumed the position of Assistant General Manager, just in time for the 1996 Centennial Olympic Games. In 2004 Mark took over as the Congress Center’s General Manager and retired December 2016.
Mark has served on numerous hospitality boards, is well-regarded in the industry and is a member of the following organizations:
- Exhibition Service Contractors Association (ESCA)
- Southeastern International Association of Events and Expositions (IAEE) – Southeast Chapter Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA)
- International Association Venue Management (IAVM)
- Northwood University Entertainment Sports & Promotions Management (ESPM)
- Georgia State University Hospitality Board
- Kennesaw State University Center for Young Adult Addiction & Recovery
- University of West Georgia Sports Management
- He was recently named to the Trade Show Executive Exposition Forecasting Board (EFB), a 20-member board that includes leaders from every facet of the convention business.
Want to know more?
Press & News
What an amazing event to a part of! The HBN raises funds for the Shepard Spinal Center and the Wounded Warrior Program. Thank you W.B. Baldwin and Larry Marchant for the video!
The Atlanta Dream Center is a group that I have come to know and work with over the years, the passion and drive this crew possesses drives me to make our city better, their causes do just that, and this organization’s efforts have become near and dear to my heart. The Dream Center does great […]
Cynthia Cherry is retiring after 35 years with the Georgia World Congress Center Levy Restaurants Food Services. We started working together in September 1984, her impact and hard work has contributed to many guest who attended events at the center from around the World! She is the BEST! Thank you Cynthia for your Great friendly […]